- President John is organizing a Community Needs Analysis Study. He'll be hosting a meeting for Community leaders from the Municipalities, Business & Religious sectors. He will need help with this. If anyone is interested in working on this, please see John.
- The Navaho Indian Solar project is succeeding very well. We are partnering with the Durango Colorado club. To date, our contribution has provided 5 Photovoltaic systems for 5 homes. If anyone is interested in additional information of this program, see Chuck Huntoon or President John.
- The next Breakfast Satellite meeting will be Wednesday morning March 16 @ 7:45 @ Joey Tate’s. The Satellite Club meeting is established for any member who cannot make the lunch meeting, or for someone who misses the lunch meeting and wants to make up and catch up on the club’s activities
- The Pancake Breakfast is scheduled for April 9. Bob & Bill are doing a great job in the preparation for this event. They need your help with soliciting sponsors. Bill Fonner made a brief Status Report: We need donations for the gift baskets. They could be gift certificates from local restaurants or service stores, or bottles of spirits & adult beverages. Sponsorships available via www.rotaryofjenkintown.org
- Coin Bank; Change the World w/ pocket change; Help End Polio by contributing your change to the Polio bank.
- Remember, crutches for Africa. Check your attics & garages for mobility devices; wheelchairs, canes, crutches. The deadline is March 31.
- There is an opportunity for anyone to advertise their business on the Club’s web site. The cost is $100/ calendar year.See Chris Heaven if interested.
Our Speaker today is Dr. Tom Wieckowski, speaking about John Wanamaker - Gilded Age Citizen and Resident.